Artcare products meets these quality standards for age resistance
All Alphamat and Alpharag Artcare mounts and mount board achieve and exceed the criteria of DIN 6738, ISO 9706, ANSI/NISO Z39.48-1992 (Durability of paper). All Artcare products have passed the Photographic Activity Test (P.A.T.) ISA 14523.
Substrate & surfaces paper
- Alphamat: Alpha cellulose fibres, which comply with strict standards of durability and protection.
- Alpharag: 100 % primary-cotton fibres.
- Test results (TAPPI method T-236 om-85) prove that the boards are free of groundwood and lignin.
- Basic pH-value of 8,5+/-0,5 measured by TAPPI method T-509 om-88 cold extraction of slurried pulp.
- Basic reserve of 3,5% (calcium carbonate) measured using ANSI IT9.2-1991 Sec 5.2.
Molecule Traps (=Zeolite)
- Contains synthetic molecule paper(=Zeolite =MicroChamber technology), which provide especially for the adsorbtion of harmful substances of the ambient air as well as in works of art and photography. (Proven by test of oxidation ANSI IT9.15-1992)
- No visible bleed of colours after 48 hours water-bath (Method FACTS EXPMMB-200) Sec. 10.03
- Board sample was tested for 10 days in a wet chamber at 100°F (37,8° C) and 90 % air humidity. All board components maintained both physical appearance and stability
- Alkaline surface sizing. Components are laminated using only alkaline and water-based adhesives without solvent.
The Artcare system: An "air conditioner"
Artcare mounts and mountboard contain innovative Microchamber papers, that adsorb invasive airborne pollutants. This technology renders such substances harmless -either from the outside environment or from materials in the picture and frame. Art, photos, documents - everything that is valuable to you is actively protected from deterioration and ageing.
You can get further information at your retailer